Sunday, 4 October 2015

Launching "Sussex Field Notes", a new quarterly celebration of seasonal Sussex

Several times over recent months I have had discussions with certain followers of my social media or blogs, urging me to 'get published'. Well, it seems that this is, naturally, easier said than done and so I have decided to take a step toward self-publishing....


Launching the new quarterly newsletter from SophiEcoWild: 
"Sussex Field Notes"


Sussex Field Notes is designed to be a celebration of seasonal Sussex, and features content from my blogs plus exclusive new material. Prose and poetry sits alongside photographs, all aiming to capture the beauty of our precious landscape, nature and rural heritage.  

Available as a PDF via email, the newsletter is perfect for busy people who haven't the time to keep checking blogs or scrolling through social media. It can be read on your tablet snuggled in bed on a dark evening, or perused over Sunday morning coffee at the breakfast table on your laptop. Read just a section, or immerse yourself in the whole publication. 

I plan to release four seasonal editions of "Sussex Field Notes" initially. If interest and uptake is high, I am investigating the possibility of producing a "Sussex Field Notes" annual, in print, in Autumn 2016. This would include each of the four newsletters, plus extended and exclusive new material. There would obviously be a cost involved in publishing the print 'book', and so I would need prior registration of interest if this was to go ahead. That tricky christmas gift problem solved perhaps?

In the meantime...


The first edition 'Autumn' is available now, looking at the joys of September, October and November. 
(Yes, I know it's a bit late... technical issues. Don't worry though, that just means there's less time to wait for the next issue!) 
The Winter edition is due to be released on December 1st. 

To receive your copy of "Sussex Field Notes"  
please let me know your preferred email address. The contact email for the newsletter is: sxfieldnotes@mail.com

As ever, you can also contact me via social media, on Twitter @SophiEcoWild or @OakByTheRife or via my SophiEcoWild Facebook page


2 comments: